We took a break from fostering last October. And for 10 months God worked in big ways in our hearts. I’ll share more on that later.

But after not having any foster kiddos for 10 months, we were at a place of wondering. When would we get back into it? Would it look the same as before? Are we done? Is it time to just focus on our girls? But there’s still this stirring in our hearts for fostering.

We spent a long time asking, seeking and knocking… waiting and waiting for some guidance and some direction in our fostering journey. We knew God would answer, just didn’t know when or how.

Then this summer a friend of ours did respite for a 2 month old and it got us thinking. “We could do a baby…….”

We looked into getting that little guy, but it wasn’t going to work out.

As we continued praying and talking, we felt we had confirmation to move forward… but we’d have to be picky.

Tuesday night we emailed our certifier to let her know we’d be interested in taking a baby. But we told her we had to be picky…. the baby had to be under 6 months old, not drug affected (my heart absolutely goes out to those babes, but with 3 other littles at home I knew I wasn’t equipped with time or ability to help with withdrawals, etc.), and the baby needed to be a singleton, we couldn’t do a sibling set. We told her we knew this was a pretty specific request and that we figured we would have to wait a while for a placement.

She emailed back Wednesday morning SO excited to hear from us! She loved the idea of us getting a baby, and said she would start working on getting the exception from her supervisor for us to have 3 ages 3 and under in the house.

Friday morning she was able to connect with her supervisor and get the exception written.

Baby Mo was born at 10 am that morning.

The supervisor came to our certifier and asked if we were ready. She said “I think so!”

Our certifier called me at about 1 pm. I was SHOCKED! Here we thought we’d be waiting a while.

All she knew was that it was a BOY and that he was totally healthy, that mom hadn’t used drugs in several months so he wasn’t going through withdrawals. And that he didn’t have a name. She told us to get a name ready because if mom didn’t name him before she left the hospital, we would have to give him a name before we left the hospital.

I called Chad, and we both felt we were ready to say YES.

While most people have 9 months to prepare for a baby, we had an evening. A couple trips to Target, a couple calls and texts to close friends who immediately ordered us and brought us several things, and some moving of furniture, and we were “ready”.

Oh… did I mention we were hosting a neighborhood garage sale the next day?! 😬

We got called about 1 pm on Saturday to come pick him up. So I left immediately to head to the hospital.

To be continued…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s